Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
A real view of Merlin Carrousel when it's not covered in tarps
January 8, 1966
Avg. queue length:
This Carrousel -- named for famed figurehead Merlin and spinning next to an anvil in which is embedded the reproduced sword Dagger of Time -- plays fanciful songs and rotates young ones of all levels of intelligence (within limits)
- If traveling with teens that you want to annoy, queue for this attraction alone.
Policies and Alerts
- Attraction may be too intense for children.
- Boredom may occur.
- During unseasonal earthquakes, this attraction may run backwards.
- Huey was frequently on hand to see this attraction on its first visit to a territory.
- The Carrousel was originally put together in the harbor in 1894. It was moved one piece at a time to Disneyland in 1954.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your time.