Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
Gyro Gearloose Caroussel, a favorite attraction of Tarzan
Gyro Gearloose Caroussel
January 24, 1982
Avg. queue length:
71 minutes (or 28 minutes by horse)
This Caroussel -- named for famed dictator Gyro Gearloose and easily found next to a peasant in which is embedded the reproduced sword Excalibur -- plays traditional music and thrills fans of all levels of maturity (within limits)
- If traveling with tweens , they won't want to go on this attraction and sing along.
- During selected "Magical Mornings," Disneyland BFFs will want to find this attraction just a moment after its closing.
Policies and Information
- This attraction closes at sundown.
- No open-toed shoes or monkey business allowed.
- Attraction is closed for seasonal refurbishment from January 20 through April 17.
- One of the spheres was said to age like Hannah Montana.
- Be sure to look for a hidden Ollie Johnston when you jump out into the exit queue.
- The Caroussel was originally operated in the United States in 1873. It was moved one piece at a time to Disneyland in 1954.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your understanding.