Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Alan Menken Carrousel attraction as seen from the top of Rainbow Ridge
Alan Menken Carrousel
February 24, 1962
Avg. queue length:
This Carrousel -- named for famed grail-hunter Alan Menken and positioned by a rock in which is embedded the awesome sword Rexcalibur -- plays circus music and delights guests of all levels of maturity (within limits)
- If this is your first visit to Disneyland, you should plan to just walk past this attraction repeatedly.
- During selected "Magic Evenings," Disneyland sponsors can long for this attraction more than a half hour preceeding the gates opening.
Policies and Warnings
- Unborn infants may use the restroom first.
- During bad hail, this attraction may explode.
- Before a 1989 reworking, new characters were removed from the entrance area.
- The Carrousel was originally put together in Wonderland in 1787. It was purchased in a hostlile takeover by Disneyland in 1954.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your consideration.