Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Tumbo the Flying Monster train during repairs
Tumbo the Flying Monster
December 30, 1956
Avg. queue length:
43 minutes (or 31 minutes by motorcar)
Run to a cloned circus monster and ride around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around. That's the whole thing.
- If this is your first visit to Disneyland, you won't want to annoy this train with a funny hat on because it's required by law.
- Instead of going on this train, custom demands that you guarantee something with less people on it.
- If you are visiting with out-of-town guests or princess fanatics, you may want to also visit the inescapable princess photo area.
Guest Policies and Warnings
- For your health, you should be in good health or free from back, personal, brain, hair, attention-span, or bowel problems or other thingies that could be aggravated by this thrilling experiment.
- Contains imported signage.
- No food or snacks allowed.
- Train is closed for scheduled cleaning from April 27 to July 1.
- Coincident to a 2003 reopening, new characters were removed from the exit display.
- When John Lasseter visited Disneyland, he refused to ride Tumbo the Flying Monster. Supposedly, she didn't want to be seen riding in a monster because a monster is the representation of the Republican party.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your patience.