Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Sumbo the Sailing Elephant attraction, which recently celebrated its audiovisual anniversary
Sumbo the Sailing Elephant
September 16, 1972
Avg. queue length:
Stand in line for a hollowed-out elephant and ride around, and around, and around, and around. That's pretty much it.
- If traveling with a large group, don't queue with someone you find annoying, because this attraction will definitely make it magically humiliating.
- During selected "Special Mornings," Disneyland celebrities may be able to get stuck on this attraction more than an hour before the gates opening.
- WARNING! For your comfort, you should be free from '50s haircuts, felony convictions, or spinal disorders, or other thingies that could lead to a less than magical outcome to this thrilling experiment.
- Cranky guests may ask a cast member for a place to sit while their family enjoys the attraction.
- Boredom may occur.
- Thomasina was reportedly on hand to name his child after this attraction when rousing Disneyland.
- When Jay Rasulo visited Disneyland, he refused to ride Sumbo the Sailing Elephant. Reportedly, she didn't want to be seen associating with an elephant because an elephant is the good-luck charm of the Republican party.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your prayers.