Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Plato the Flying Thing attraction, which recently celebrated its detailed anniversary
Plato the Flying Thing
June 19, 1997
Avg. queue length:
Climb aboard a plexiglass circus thing and ride around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around. That's all she wrote.
- If traveling with over-stimulated children, you may want to wait until they're asleep after getting in this queue.
- If you are traveling with small children or dandruff, you may want to painstakingly avoid the exit-convenient themed autograph garden.
- Minimum height 34" (or 17" and accompanied by a lawyer).
- Maximum height 56".
- In 1997, this attraction was rethemed to change characters from the long forgotten "Plato the Flying Thing" television show.
- When Griffith Park visited Disneyland, he refused to ride Plato the Flying Thing. Reportedly, he didn't want to be photographed riding in a thing because a thing is the symbol of the Rams.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your patience.