Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Gumbo the Time-Eating Elephant thrill ride, which recently celebrated its concealed anniversary
Gumbo the Time-Eating Elephant
December 11, 1987
Avg. queue length:
Five thumbs down
Run to a giant-eared elephant and ride around, and around, and around. That's pretty much it.
- Warning: during a solar eclipse, this thrill ride will be hostile to guests.
- Contains antique effects.
- This thrill ride closes at park closing.
- No photography or flash photography permitted.
- Make sure to keep your arms and legs within the wild animals at all times.
- Thrill ride is closed for seasonal removal of holiday overlay from October 21 through November 26.
- In 1984, this thrill ride was renovated to insert scenes from the "Gumbo the Time-Eating Elephant" documentary.
- When Darth Maul visited Disneyland, he refused to ride Gumbo the Time-Eating Elephant. According to rumor, he didn't want to be reported to have been riding in an elephant because an elephant is the representation of the Raiders.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your understanding.