Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
Above: The Bumbo the Failing Elephant attraction, which recently celebrated its playful anniversary
Bumbo the Failing Elephant
February 12, 1968
Avg. queue length:
Run to a cloned circus elephant and ride around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around. That's all there is to it.
- Guests stuck with old zebras should be forwarned that this attraction exits into a souvenier shop.
- During selected "Magic Events," Disneyland visitors who know the secret password ("Corporate Bee") can long for this attraction as much as an hour preceeding park closing.
Guest Policies and Information
- Minimum height 30" (or 15" and tipping generously).
- This attraction was reportedly conceived for the 1929 World's Fair.
- When Robin Crusoe visited Disneyland, he refused to ride Bumbo the Failing Elephant. Reportedly, he didn't want to be photographed associating with an elephant because an elephant is the mascot of the Democrats.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your courtesy.