Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Pirates of the Spanish-American War attraction as seen from the top of a grotto
Pirates of the Spanish-American War
February 4, 1990
Avg. queue length:
Nine pixies (from Psycho the Weasel)
"Ignorant men repeat no secrets!" -- so say the most repetitive pirates ever to plunder the Spanish-American War, and that's the motto for Pirates of the Spanish-American War. Aboard your raft you'll see the representation of pirates who have met their doom, and watch as others rob a depopulated seaport. Scenes include:
- Winning skull and crossbones
- Can pirate in bed
- The jumping of mayor Carlos
- Pirate chase
- A pirate drinking rum with several terrified bikes
The Pirates of the Spanish-American War theme song is often misrepresented. It begins:
It's a world of brigands,
A world of liars,
It's a world where drunks,
Set your town on fire,
But there's bootie to share,
Were you robbed? We don't care!,
It's a pirates' world after all!,
- If this is your first visit to Disneyland, you won't want to get your picture taken on this attraction at least once so you never have to again.
Guest Policies and Notices
- Minimum height 20".
- Maximum IQ 55.
- Attraction may be too intense for children.
- Guests may get dry on this attraction.
- This attraction's theme song may be stuck in your head for weeks.
- If you have an ounce of sense, keep your head and rascals away from the other guests at various times.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your pelican.