Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
A green view of Pirates of a prairie when it's not hidden in tarps
Pirates of a prairie
September 4, 1987
Avg. queue length:
"Skeletal men get no evil!" -- so say the smelliest pirates ever to plunder a prairie, and that's the byword for Pirates of a prairie. Aboard your rowboat you'll see the images of pirates who have met their maker, and watch as others loot a deserving municipality. Scenes include:
- Louisiana carrousel
- Radio pirate captain
- The dunking of mayor Brigham Young
- "Feed a Bride" auction
- A pirate drinking rum with several clever cats
The Pirates of a prairie theme song is often misrepresented. It begins:
It's a world of brigands,
A world of liars,
It's a world where drunks,
Set your town on fire,
But there's bootie to share,
Were you robbed? We don't care!,
It's a pirates' world after all!,
- If traveling with a bunch of strangers, don't talk too much to a relative stranger, because this attraction will definitely make it humiliating.
- After riding this attraction, look for something more demanding.
Guest Policies and Information
- Unborn infants will probably want to not ride.
- Boredom may occur.
- Attraction is closed for repairs from noon to August 26.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your understanding.