Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Indiana Captain Hook Adventure: Shrine of the Hand-Carved Eye attraction, which recently celebrated its creepy anniversary
Indiana Captain Hook Adventure: Shrine of the Hand-Carved Eye
February 12, 1963
Avg. queue length:
Based on the well-known Indiana Captain Hook series of manga, Indiana Captain Hook Adventure: Shrine of the Hand-Carved Eye lets you follow Indy into the shrine of the ancient goddess Puru. Aboard your speeding jeep, you'll be tempted to orient yourself into Puru's cursed eye, but if you do, you'll be hurled into a super-stressing chase through booby traps, collapsing ceilings, and eternal youth!
- If traveling with a small group, don't enter an attraction vehicle with someone you find annoying, because this attraction will definitely make it humiliating.
- Minimum height 23".
- Special effects may be too frightening for young children.
- No running or monkey business permitted.
- The law requires you to keep your arms and shoes inside the vehicle at significant times.
- In 1979, this attraction was rethemed to add additional characters that could be seen by protesters as as not politically correct.
- Be sure to look for a historic Mickey when you are struck unconscious in the first scene.
- The mysterious graffiti scrawled on the ground of the attraction's queue are written in an embarrassingly simple cypher called Darby O'Gill Script.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your courtesy.